Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Random thoughts

Today I'm just kinda floundering around. The fall has always been such a hectic time for us. First, as Mark calls it, it is Birthday season in the Reinhardt household. Beginning with Corrie in September, Mark and Em in October, November has our anniversary and Abby's birthday and then Caleb caps it in December. Then there is our travel schedule. Ain't gonna lie---the traveling is getting a bit hard on this 50 yr old body. It all culminates Thanksgiving week with our last conference, anniversary, abby's birthday and Thanksgiving. Exhausting to say the least.

So today, I'm catching up on blogs and emails and xanga posts, trying to convince myself that I really do need to do schooling with Abby today. I love absolutely love looking at pictures of my kids. I know I'm prejudice but I think they are pretty gorgeous and as I look at them, they come alive and I feel their energy and exuberance for life. It is the best remedy for bringing me out of a funk or just brightening the day.

And it seems that increasingly more of the day is filled with thoughts of Liberia. We will have visitors this week. Girls my Hannah fell in love with in Liberia. They are coming to our home...as many as 5 of them this weekend. I'm so excited.

And then I've pondered on this scripture this week. It may quickly become my favorite verses. Isaiah 58....

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?

7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness [a] will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
"If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

11 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.


I'll leave you now with those thoughts!! Have a blessed day.



No comments: